Anyone running a Borla Exhaust on their SOHC V6?

I have the chance to purchase a discounted Borla cat back exhaust for my 97 SOHC V6. Anyone have one, does it sound like a honda civic? That's my only doubt about upgrading my exhaust... ( I wouldn't think twice if I had the 302) If it will ultimately sound like a import I would rather have no sound at all. Any suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated Thanks, Joe Reply With Quote

Reply to
Joe

No, doesn't sound like that, but does not sound like a Mustang either! Calling it "only slightly louder than stock" is being a bit understated, as well.

Reply to
Herb Kauhry

What about a MAC exhaust, is that better than borla...i can get them both for about the same pirce, discounted for about $250 shipped.

Thanks again, Joe

Reply to
Joe

Joe, I have a Sporttrac w/ 4.0 and a Flowmaster DeltaFlow 50 series. It is NOT a V8 sound, but it's not rice either. Got just a nice rumble at idle, with mild drone at cruise. I expect the same from the Borla.

Reply to
Gerry Pierce

Yeah, that's how I'd characterize mine (Borla), too. Six cylinders just produce a different note than 8 will. Mine kind of hits a resonance with the body at 55 mph.

Reply to
Herb Kauhry