Blinking 4X4 Indicators - Is There A Code For Number Of Blinks?

My 2002 Explorer V-8 with about 30,000 miles started blinking the 4X4 LOW and 4X4 HIGH indicators a few days ago. They blink in unison 3 times every 2 minutes. I've searched the internet and this group and found this is not uncommon. Most others report 5 or 6 blinks every 2 minutes however. Do the number of blinks indicate what is wrong? I'd like to have some idea of what is going on before I take it to the dealer.

Thanks

Reply to
magee