brakes

I'm going to try my best to explain this so bare with me. Over the last year or so the brake pedal will get low and mushy. Here's the part that has me baffled it doesn't happen immediately. This is so gradual It will take a month or two before it is noticeable. If you have to stomp on the pedal to make a panic stop or pump the pedal a couple of times you will damn near fly through the windshield if you so much as breath on the pedal. Then this processes will start all over again

-- Message posted using

information at

mab6680

More information at

Well, you don't say what vehicle it is but one thing you might want to check (if you haven't already) is the tightness of your front wheel bearings expecially if you have an Explorer with manual hubs. I had one that became loose and it did some weird stuff like the pedal would start braking about halfway down, then it would let go, then it would brake really hard.

Reply to
Ulysses

sorry its a 04 xls 4.0L (k) flex fue

-