'01 GT engine stalls

I have a '01 GT which lately has been acting up - when the engine is still cold, driving of a stop, anything else but a very light push of the gas pedal will immediately result in the engine dying. Wont start unless I floor the pedal, and still takes about a minute to "recover" until its ready to drive off again. Any thoughts?

-- Message posted using

information at

JSB

Air throttle bypass needs cleaning. (or equivalent) It bleeds air past the throttle valve. They get gunked up after a while and stick or are slow.

Reply to
Jane Jian

Thanks, any idea what Ford should charge for that? Don't know what a reasonable amount of time a mech. should spend on this...

-- Message posted using

information at

JSB

you can do it yourself with some carb cleaner, easy off/on part. It is all metal inside.

Or get a new one for $75 you could install it too, two bolt part. a tech would be 1/2 hour min or 80 to 100.

Good luck

Reply to
Rulf