Burning audio CD's for use in stock radio

My '02 XLT was installed with whatever the 'standard' single-CD radio came with the truck.

Has anyone here experimented with buring audio CD's on your PC which will then play in that radio? I doubt a simple .mp3 burn will work, but not so sure about .wmv files, or otherwise.

Anyone?

Rick Bryan New York, NY

Reply to
Corwin, Prince of Amber

Well, not in that stereo system, but I've done it for others. Forget mp3, wmv, wav, and anything else that starts with a period. You need to make an Audio CD, which your computer's CD burning program should do for you. If you want to play CDs with 10 hours of mp3 files, you need to buy a new stereo. I bought the Blaupunkt San Jose, but there are lots of others. They will say mp3 on them if they play mp3 files.

Reply to
Ratbert

Reply to
Fred 2

Just a word of warning. When you burn the CD, do NOT put a paper label on it. Ford warns that a paper-label CD can jam in the mechanism, and yes, I can tell you from experience that it does. 'SPENSIVE! According to Ford's warning, it is acceptable to write on the CD with a permanent marker like a Sharpie.

This warning may apply only to the CD changer, and not the single-disk devices, I'm not sure.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey

Reply to
Big Shoe

Burn an audio cd (not .mp3 cd) and it should work just fine. Most cd burning software will automatically convert the .mp3 files into .wav files when creating the CD. If the software that came with your burner doesn't, I'd recommend Nero Burning ROM.

-Dave

Corw> My '02 XLT was installed with whatever the 'standard' single-CD radio

Reply to
Dave Cilluffo

If you must have nice graphics or sharp printing, there are printable CD-Rs available, and inkjets that will print on them. I use a Canon R-300, and it's really pretty good at it.

Bill Funk Change "g" to "a"

Reply to
Big Bill

If you want it to play in your factory stereo, do not use CD-RW. Stick with the regular CD-R and you will be fine.

Reply to
Lance