Indash Stereo MP3 Player

My 2002 GT came with the indash 6 disk changer. I was thinking of trading it out for the indash MP3 player version. Thing is that will still only hold about 10 CD's worth. I would like something that supported a DVD drive so I could burn virtually my entire CD collection in MP3 format to a single DVD-R to play in my car.

Anyone know of such a thing that won't break the bank and would still look good in a Mustang dash? I am finicky about my Mustang and do not like the look of most aftermarket stereos.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Get an I-pod and some headphones. Thats what I did.

Reply to
Mike

You can't legally drive with headphones on in most states.

Get an iPod with an iTrip or use the AUX input (if your head unit is so equipped).

Reply to
Garth Almgren

That's what I did in my Civic. I have a Creative Zen Micro (5GB micro drive). I had a nice bracket and grip device installed that secures the player. Then I have a line-in jack that loops back behind into the AUX jack (with an adapter) through the small CD bin located in the dash (the only way I had to alter the dash was to drill a small [3/8"] hole on the inside). Best part is I don't have to have any CDs in my car and all my music comes with (I can listen at work, too).

I am going to do the same with the 'stang since it already has a line-in jack in the face plate (Aiwa). Just need to get the bracket and clamp installed and I am 'good-to-go'. 8)

I can provide details about the bracket/clamp setup if desired.

L8,

Alias

Reply to
Alias

"Matt" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Joe

I've checked into this and all pro-shops tell me that it will not work with the in-dash 6-cd changers.

MG

Reply to
Mr.~G.

I have a nice iRiver I am wanting to sell. :-D

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

That may be true.

My cousin just picked up a nice silver '04 GT (dressed up by the stealership as a Mach 1, but that's another story) with the in-dash changer, and he said that his iPod+iTrip sounded really bad, no matter what frequency he tried. As a workaround, he burned a couple audio CDs of his favorite driving music.

I didn't notice on his car: Do those radios still come with a tape deck? If so, you could use a tape adapter...

Reply to
Garth Almgren