can't open/close passenger side window

I have electric windows. The back seat side window (door) used to work off and on. Now it doesn't work at all. neither the driver main switch for that window nor the switch at the on the back seat door works. How do I fix this or does anyone have any ideas???

Reply to
royalwolfe

What year/model? Do a google search for a LOT of answers to this question. After replacing my window motor (under warranty) twice on an '03 it still acts up sometimes.

Reply to
Richard

I've had (have) the same issue. What usually happens is that I take the door panel off and end up tapping the window motor with a Phillips screwdriver or something similar that will fit through door frame and allow me to contact the motor body directly--seems these window motors get dead or weak spots in them???? Also, while I am in there I lube the rails to give the motor an easier job

good luck!!

df (elk hair caddis) :)

Reply to
freeman, daniel l.

I am having exactly the same problem right now. I took the interior panels off of both the back door,a nd the drivers door last night. I disconnected the motor lead at the connector, and plugged in my voltmeter. Pressing the window switch on the affected door and the drivers door shows a good 13 volts at the connector. Not even a hum that I can detect coming from the motor. Not even tapping on the motor body did anything. In my case, I'm going to try replacing the motor.

Regards, Jeff

Reply to
invictus7964

I am having exactly the same problem right now. I took the interior panels off of both the back door,a nd the drivers door last night. I disconnected the motor lead at the connector, and plugged in my voltmeter. Pressing the window switch on the affected door and the drivers door shows a good 13 volts at the connector. Not even a hum that I can detect coming from the motor. Not even tapping on the motor body did anything. In my case, I'm going to try replacing the motor.

Regards, Jeff

Reply to
invictus7964

Well, Cr*p. Turns out the motor is OK. Now I am stumped. Before replacing the motor I reversed the polarity at the motor connector. I pressed the down button, and the window went right up. As I mentioned in the post before, I can put my multimeter probes into the wiring harness and read a voltage when I press the switch in both the up and down directions (down voltage is opposite of the up voltage). However, the switch appears to be working ONLY in the down direction. Just because I am showing voltage does not mean there is enough current there to move a motor. Does the switch activate a relay somewhere to raise the window? I guess the next step is to replace the switches. I am tempted to replace the master switches on the drivers door since the passenger side door is intermittent in operation.

Suggestions?

Reply to
invictus7964