Clutch Replacement Success Story

I have a 95 Explorer with 245000 miles used manily by my

17 year son. Recently he decided to take it out off-roading and completely burned out the clutch. I told him the only way it was getting fixed is if we did all of the work ourselves. It took many hours of work but we got it done and it has never shifted better. The work involved removing the exhaust crossover, starter, transfer case skid plate, drive shafts, transfer case, and transmission. Once we had clutch access we saw there was nothing left of the pads and my son got a lesson on what happens when the clutch is abused. I got all of my parts from a local transmission repair shop who also resurfaced the flywheel and gave me lots of instructional pointers. It was a lot of work but my son and I learned a lot and we are very happy with the results. Now I'm ready to tackle the clutch on my 1969 Camaro. Mark
Reply to
Mark Barrett