cracked rear hatch

2004 exploder rear hatch cracked the other day by the blue oval logo wondering how much it costs to repair. thanx in advance
Reply to
M D

Depending on your purchase date/mileage, this may be covered under the 3/36 warranty... If you are lucky, quote TSB 05-24-02..

Good luck....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Same thing happened on my 2002.

Wasn't covered even by my extended warrantee.

Dealer said it would be $300 but would only charge me 10% - $30.

He said it was caused by a fluid used in the windshield washer!?

No problem since.

WLW

Reply to
wwallick

This has happened to my 2002 Explorer. It seems to be much more than a random issue. When I took the car to the dealer,the service advisor said that this was the second one he had seen that week, and had seen

5 or 6 recently. One of them he tried to get fixed thru the extended warranty, but they refused to fix it. The cost for me to fix it is about $470. I called Ford Customer Service and after a couple of days they said they would do nothing. Has anyone else had this problem and how was it resolved. Is there a TSB about this? This is a factory defect and there must be some was to get Ford to fix these. The Customer service woman basically said that my next step was to sue Ford...

Thanks

Here are some web site that show it is happening to others.

Bill