Door Code on 2002 Explorer

I found the module exactly where "S" said it would be. There are several numbers on the sticker. The number that looks like it should be the code is off to the right of the sticker under a bar code and is in a bolder font than the rest of the number but... it doesn't work! I tried some of the other numbers also to no avail. The module is made by Siemens. My thoughts are this: Do you think the module may be bad or is there a procedure to reset it to factory default? I tried unplugging the wiring harnesses going to it but it didn't make a difference.

Reply to
jc

If I understand you correctly, I believe you are looking for the door code for your Explorer. If this is true then you can find that code on most explorers by looking in the very back of the truck. Pop your hatch back and look for a compartment on the side. Mine is on the driver's side and it is also where your jack and lug nut wrench is for your tires. If you look around in there with a flash light, you will see a sticker with a 4-6 digit code. This is your door code. My sticker is on the winsheild wiper fluid container for the rear window. Let me know if you find it. Revrob

Reply to
RevRob

I looked in that compartment but didn't see anything. My Explorer has rear AC and that compartment is where the fan motor for that is located. The module I looked at in the previous post was the central security module. Someone else had said the code was on it.

JC

Reply to
jc

The older modules, had the permanent code hard wired in. The newer modules can be electronically programmed, so it is possible that the "permanent code" no longer matches the label. And at least in some cases they are not even labeled at all.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White