Drivers Seat

I have a 98 xlt and I was wondering if anyone else has a problem with the driver's seat rocking a little when you stop or pull out...If so is there a fix?

Reply to
Craig Kirk

Not sure if this is your problem or not but there is a field service action (well.... OK, recall) on drivers seat recliners.

might help. Best bet is to have your Ford store run your VIN on OASIS.

Jim Warman

there is a recall for a bolt that comes loose from ford. Contact your dealer.

Reply to
smoothie911

I had the problem of all of the nylon (plastic?) guides disintegrating inside my seat tracks. I'd find these long black slivers of plastic on the floor behind the seat. It took me a while to figure THAT one out! It leaves my seat with a little wobble and it really drags down the motor that moves the seat forward and back.

dave '94 EB

195k
Reply to
Dave

My 97 XLT has the 'rocking seat' problem. There's no noticable drag on the seat motor and no plastic slivers that I've noticed.

I thought that there was a loose bolt or two under my seat, but I've not had the chance to get in there and check it out.

Reply to
Kenny

Same here -- my '97 XLT (125K miles) has the same issue, sounds like it's not just a couple of isolated cases. Anyone know if this is a Ford covered repair? If not, is there a fix I can do myself?

Reply to
Steve Reppucci

This sounds like the recall they recently did on something to do with a drivers seat back. I can't find my coupon right now (haven't gone in for my repair yet), but it's worth checking out. Good luck. RJ, 98XLT

Reply to
RJ Rabenberg

Yeah, here it is. O3S04 "Drivers seat recliner bolt". RJ

Reply to
RJ Rabenberg

Thanks RJ. I just checked this and it doesn't cover my 97. It's for 98's and up.

Although my problem seems to be more of the seat base rocking (not the backrest). So the hunt continues.

Cheers!

Reply to
Kenny