Extended Warranty

I am thinking of buying an extended warranty for my '05 and want to hear the group's recommendations on where to buy. Is the Ford dealer the best bet or are there other options I should consider.

Reply to
Big Shoe

when I purchased my 2000, the dealer offered an policy by Interstate, which was less expensive than Ford.

Reply to
oklaman

I purchased an '05 XLT and the dealer quoted me $1800 for a 75K mile extended warranty. I passed and ended up buying a 100K mile extended warranty from DirectWarranty.com for about $1100.

Reply to
Bob

:from DirectWarranty.com for about $1100.

Sorry...make that WarrantyDirect.com

Reply to
Bob

I had one with them also on my 99. Cost was about the same. Had one large claim, $800, which they paid without any problems. The $300 I lost was worth the peace of mind for the 7 years.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Do an internet search for "Ford ESP". You will find many websites that list the std Ford ESP policies and prices. The one I used some time ago was fordesp.com. I took the prices from that website to the dealership when I purchased my F150 and they gave me the warranty no questions asked. If I recall the web prices are half what a stealership normally sell them at.

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

Yep, purchased my ESP on the web for my Explorer. I'm in Wisconsin and the online Ford dealer I purchased from was somewhere in Texas. Same warranty, half the cost my local dealer quoted. If memory serves I was also able to pay it in two, or three, installments.

If you decide to go with an aftermarket plan consider purchasing it from a local dealer. Be careful, do your homework, and check with a few local dealers concerning which plans pay and which ones don't. Some plans are a nightmare to get reimbursement. I did have a decent aftermarket plan on a '94 Mustang, but I purchased it through a local Ford dealer, who even waived the deductible when serviced with them.

Good luck,

Steven

Scott Van Nest wrote:

Reply to
Steven Hilgendorf

I would recommend the dealer, their warrinties are usually better and cover more parts, and your vehicle will always be serviced by a ford dealer with ford trained and certified technicians

Reply to
quiggles

All of the non-dealer extended warranties I've had allowed me to go anywhere I wanted for repairs including right back to the dealer. You don't need to by the warranty from the dealer to have him do the warranty repair.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Reply to
Big Shoe

That is statistically certain otherwise the warranty companies would go out of business. I've bought them on three vehicles and the least I've gotten back was about 70% and one I got a little more then all of it back in repairs. Part of the value is the peace of mind that there will be no out of pocket expenses for a good long time.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher