Leaking (frozen) windows

I've got a problem with the windows on my 2002 XLT. All 4 windows are frozen (it just got cold here in CT). I hear the motors operating when I use the switches so I know it's not an electrical problem. When it was warmer, I would occassionally notice wet streaks on the drivers window after it rained if the window was lowered then raised. There is no sign of water actually coming inside the car. It seems like the window seals are bad, but all 4 seems strange. Does anyone have any experience with this problem? The obvious thing would be to replace the seals. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

Reply to
NoSpam

I would guess "that's the way they are."

I have a '98, and whenever I get it wet, the windows come up with wet streaks.

I've learned not to wash it in the winter in freezing weather. . . . .

Alan Moorman

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Paul Fix

=================================

Reply to
Alan Moorman

Reply to
NoSpam

Reply to
Big Shoe

My problem hasn't been the channels, but the "seal" that runs along the top of the door. The thing tends to trap moisture, and when the temps drop while it's wet, it freezes enough to disable the window!

Alan Moorman

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Paul Fix

=================================

Reply to
Alan Moorman

Reply to
Jonah

Something just occurred to me: Explorer, windows, freeze up...the only thing missing is a blue screen of death. Could Bill Gates be behind this?

seemed a little stuck when it got cold. I

Reply to
Jonah

LOL!

Probably!

seemed a little stuck when it got cold. I

Alan Moorman

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Paul Fix

Reply to
Alan Moorman

That was just too good to pass up!

/Richard

itself seemed a little stuck when it got cold. I

Reply to
Cedartown Electronics