New seat recline handle - 1998 Explorer XLT. Looking for a source.

My Ford dealer wants $92 before tax. I'm looking for a source for part # XL2Z-7862649-AA.

Thanks, zoti

Reply to
zoti

Try web site this. Torrie R. McPhail E-mail Address(es): snipped-for-privacy@fordpartsnetwork.com

Reply to
Gerald Riggs

it's 64.51 on that website. Anyone seen cheaper ?

Reply to
zoti

Dealer installed mine for free (97 Explorer), I took it in for a tensioner recall and when they notice the recline lever broken he explained to me about the "fragile" metal used in manufacture of the part. He told me that he would take care of it "at no charge".

Reply to
Searcher 1

As far as I know there was no recall on it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Reply to
zoti

XL2Z-7862649-AA $67.99

Freight $ 7.99 To order :

Gerald Riggs

Reply to
txgizmo

This one is for the Bolt. Had it done over a year ago. What broke now is the handle you use to set the recline position of the seat. When it breaks you need to replace the whole mechanism.

Reply to
zoti

Same here on my '98 EB AWD, took it in for the seat lever recall and the dealer replaced my handle because it was bent. Note the new lever is beefier (thicker steel and reinforced) then the old one, and must have been updated/upgraded because it's solid as a rock. I even tried bending the new one and no go, so it should last the life of the vehicle :o)

Good luck,

Steven

zoti wrote:

Reply to
Steven Hilgendorf

I already ordered one as I had the explorer in to replace the seat bolt and the dealer called me to tell me they will do the timing tentioner. He didn't mention the mechanism.

Reply to
zoti

Got the part today. Shipping was fast. Took me about 20 minutes to install.

Damn Ford put 4 screws to hold the part to the seat and back rest and those

4 screws are actually 3 different types. 13mm, 15mm and a #45 Trox head.

Reply to
zoti