Why drive a Ford when you can drive a Renault - someone please tell me

We've been importing renaults for over 20 years and they still out-perform fords in everyway.

Can someone please tell me why they would buy a Ford Focus over a Renault Magane?

James snipped-for-privacy@maguiresgarage.co.uk

Maguires Garage

Personal preference? Why do people who buy Dodges not buy Fords?

Reply to
Tom F.

Maguires Garage opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

You gotta be kidding!

Renault has had two major pushes into the US market, the second under Chrysler's "Eagle" marque. Both times sales went well at first... then the warrantees ran out.

My kid bought an Eagle Premier (an 18?). First, the manifold to cat pipe rusted out.

Anyone ever see that happen on any other 3 year old car with 55,000 miles? ANY freaking American car, for that matter.

Then snow drifted under the hood and, when he started it, the timing belt jumped and he bent a lot of valves.

Renault builds for driver impression... maintenance wise it has ALWAYS been crap.

Maybe they changed their ways.. but why bother finding out?

The French should stick to Wine, Cheese, Jerry Lewis Film Festivals, and Iraqi/TFE oil certificate trading. I hear they are available at big discounts

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

In your opinion of course. Troll.

The Renault Megane is floppy and soggy to drive, it's unreliable, the UK dealer network is a joke, their customer care is even funnier ("you want to complain? Okay. Complain to me" then jack happens about it), its service costs are high, it's repair costs are even higher, oh and have I mentioned that it is hideously ugly? It's not even that well built. Shoot, I can't think of a reason why anybody would buy a Megane aside the steeo discounts needed to get them off the forecourt.

Reply to
DervMan

The original poster was from the UK.

Guess who mostly own/control Nissan?? Wonder why the new Quest mnivan looks so bizarre?

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

Andrew Rossmann opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.comcast.giganews.com:

I knew that...

I suppose I should have asked where Renault sales were in UK. I knew a Brit Francophile in London who drove an 18... he raved about it but just riding in it a couple times I noted two serious deficiencies.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Now that's funny, you should post that in some humor newsgroups.

Reply to
Michael O

At least in the US, Fords are easy to find. Renaults aren't.

Ditto for the parts.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Maguires Garage) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

You are almost 2 weeks late for April Fools Day.

Reply to
donutbandit

Regrettably, Renaults are littered all over the UK - but part prices are high, and you need plenty.

Reply to
DervMan

really I'm interested to know.

have a look at our site - let me know if you can get a Ford for better value than the Renaults we have and I'll double your discount.

James snipped-for-privacy@maguiresgarage.co.uk

Maguires Garage

My God, that Megane Expression is UGLY! Funny, though, it's described as a three-door, when there are two doors visible on one side! I'll bet there are two doors on the other side, too.....

Reply to
Jinxter

since you are bringing this up, is it because they aren't selling.

Reply to
Perry

Plugging snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Maguires Garage) into Google groups shows you've been posting under that name for maybe 3 days and spamming dozens of groups with your ads. Go away.

Reply to
John Alt

Believe it or not I am actually interested in cars and in particular the ones I am selling - I am trying to get as much information on what people want as possible - I believe that is what news groups are for - information, opinions?

I appreciate all the replies I have had to this posting and can assure you that I am not plugging my site - but in fact researching it.

So John if you've nothing constructive to say please drop of this trail.

James snipped-for-privacy@maguiresgarage.co.uk

Maguires Garage
1987 Thunderbird TurboCoupe - $2,000 1981 Chevy C10 - $200 250,000 miles

Reply to
C. Vaughan

X -No- archive: yes Hi Jimmy, A little reasearch shows you've had a slow market there since 2002 Just who profits from your auto sales~ a non american company? Do you think Americans should invest with foreign companies right now? If for no better reason this list here looks like every other car companies problems. So what is it you have to offer that we don't already have? The sweetness of low price wears out quickly... But the bitterness of poor quility goes on and on. Just in case you haven' t heard.

driver not too happy @ Indy your man?
is this needed?
transmissions?
work good?
no problems?
customers
?TOPIC_ID=9577
?t=156883
Package
Everybody else has this. Look at Nissans usenets. Try Toyota . Seems like troubles are in all cars.

"Maguires Garage" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
BeeVee

If you want constructive, fine. Hint one: STOP THE LIES. It pisses people off. The first four of your posts I came across:

April 9 I've been thinking of grabbing one of the Boxters S's for a while now

- for under £40,000 they sound like a steal with that sort of performance.

April 9 For the past year or so we've been importing the Mitsubishi and the Nissan Navara 2.5 double cab for around the same price. I've been thinking of driving one myself and reckon the Mitsubishi beats the Nissan hands down on the road.

April 7 I've heard mixed reports about the new RS Ford Focus does anyone rate it? I had an escort cosworth a few years ago and was considering getting an RS but I'm not too sure.

April 9 I've had one TDI before and that was a Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDI which was nippy enough but didn't do much to excite me. I hear these new A4s are good motors but would love to hear it from somebody that has one? Anybody out there got one? (Note: Subject line said he was considering buying one).

Reply to
John Alt

Simple... Ford might be mostly crap but now and then you come up with a shining star. Renaults are all total crap. Each and every single one of them.

This is based on a few friends and family who have saddled themselves with a Renault during their lifetime.

Reply to
Steve Stone

My guess for the reason people buy Fords instead of Renaults is because if they wanted to walk they would just walk instead of wasting the money buying a car.

MY UNCLE BOUGHT A RENAULT ENCORE WHEN THEY FIRST HIT THE U.S. MARKET AND HE STILL STANDS BY THIS QUOTE...

"AS A GENERAL RULE NEVER DRIVE A RENAULT ANY FURTHER THAN YOU ARE WILLING TO WALK BACK!!"

My European friends all concur!!

Reply to
EMTurbo