rear break change

ok, here it is, i changed my front breaks yesterday and found out that the backs are the ones that need to be changed. my question is, are the rear brakes any different then the front? is compressing the caliper the same as the front? thats really all i need to know. and thanks for any input.

Reply to
auto_juggalo

from what i remember, when i did my brakes last year the front and rears are pretty much the same procedure. I have a 99 XLT.

Reply to
Mikepier

I'm assuming you have rear disc brakes from what you didn't say. I have not done them yet but I wanted to point out that, at least on the '97, there is a parking brake that apparently has drum brakes on one side that you may want to check while you are at it.

Reply to
Ulysses