90 Suburban Remote Start

I am hooking up a remote start to a 1990 Suburban R2500 w/ 5.7L. The one wire I can't find is the oil pressure switch or charging circuit switch. This wire needs to be pulled to 12V when the engine is running and grounded when the engine is not running (even if the ignition is on.) Can anyone help?

Reply to
Jackal24

If it has a oil light not gauge then the sender will probably work. In that case the sender will ground the wire to turn the light on when it has no pressure (not running). when it is running you will see voltage going through the bulb (about 12v) If it has a gauge look to the alternator. find the wire that goes to the battery light. It will work kind of the same way.

Reply to
ShoeSalesman

ShoeSalesman wrote in news:v_N%g.15475$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.socal.rr.com:

I do not have an oil pressure light, nor a battery light. Both of those are taken care of by guages. I tested the wires coming out of the alternator, but they all give me 12V when the ignition is on, but not running.

Any other ideas?

Reply to
Jackal24

are you sure theres no battery light? turn the key on but dont start it and see what lights up....

Reply to
ShoeSalesman

Do the instructions mention a "tach" connection?

Reply to
ShoeSalesman

ShoeSalesman wrote in news:VB%%g.12635$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.socal.rr.com:

The only lights that light up are "check engine" and "brake".

Reply to
Jackal24

ShoeSalesman wrote in news:4M%%g.8333$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.socal.rr.com:

The only option that this particular remote start offers is the +12V line when started; no option for connecting a tach line.

Reply to
Jackal24

Jackal24 wrote in news:Xns98685CFBFA129jackal24@

216.168.3.44:

Never mind. I found the battery light, it was hidden by the steering wheel when I first looked.

Thanks for the help

Reply to
Jackal24

Reply to
jeepsteve92xj

"jeepsteve92xj" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

I purchased a HuaTai from ebay. The reason I purchased this brand is because it comes with 2 2-way remotes. Most starters come with 1 2-way and

1 1-way remote. As for performance, I don't know yet. I have been really busy and haven't yet had a chance to install it.
Reply to
Jackal24

I'm going to look them up. My 90 has the factory security, and only one remote, and the electric door lock switches arent working. This used to be a contractor HVAC vehicle, and they have done all sorts of things in the wiring. Undoing it all and installing the remote starter would be awesome. I have one in my Cherokee, and 5 minutes of running before I finish getting dressed for work helps tons for clearing frost and snow. In the Cherokee, I had to use the tach lead. Often it would not start quick enough before the battery signal halted the cranking. Let us know how well it works.

Steve

Jackal24 wrote:

Reply to
jeepsteve92xj

I've got it up and running and it works great. It tries to start the engine three times (each time cranking for a longer period) and it has started every time for me. It also doesn't seem to have any problems working in cold temps (already tried it at 5 below F, although the burb does have a block heater).

Tyson

"jeepsteve92xj" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
Jackal24