Replacing tach instrument bulb

The dash light for the tach has gone out on my 96 Explorer. After pulling out the three screws above the clear panel, it is not obvious to me what to do next. How do I get at the cluster to replace the bulbs? Is it a 194 bulb? Thanks.

Reply to
flies4fun

you have to start from the bottom up if I recall. detach the panels below the steering wheel & work your way up. you should then be able to remove the cluster. not much fun.

Reply to
catphishum

This might help even if it's a different year Explorer (2002). At least it'll give you and idea of what needs to be done. Of course, you model is a bit different so the fastners will not be in the same locations.

Mike

Reply to
mikephotos