Security system question

I am considering buy an explorer whose owner wrote:
"I have a 1999 dark blue ford explorer that's just taking up space and needs to go. Everything on it works like new but only one problem. The security system has everything on it locked. We bought it and they didn't give us the remote to turn it off so once we got it home it locked up. I only could get the doors open and the key we have."
How would I release the security system?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

to go. Everything on it works like new but only one problem. The security system has everything on it locked. We bought it and they didn't give us the remote to turn it off so once we got it home it locked up. I only could get the doors open and the key we have."

If you have the correct key than when you unlock the doors the system is turned off. No need for the remote if you have a key.
Ron
You can buy a remote from the dealer (or online) and follow the directions in the owners manual. If it has a panel to press a code on the door, the code is on the control box. It is located where the jack is but way forward. The code is on the box. When you have it you can add your own.