Smaller battery

Greetings,

Just had to install a new battery in my '97 Explorer. It works great, but is physically smaller than the original, and as such, the battery clamps are too wide to hold it securely.

Has anyone else encountered this, and are there any quick fixes to this problem?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mike Derman

You might try the parts store for a universal type hold down..... It is seldom wise to purchase a cheaper battery since they generally have a case design that wont fit the factory tray. It is important to hvae the battery firmly affixed to minimize vibration and abrasion of the case.

Jim Warman

Take it back and get the right one.

Reply to
Ratbert

what is the recommended battery size (CCAs, etc.) for a 2000 Limited, almost all power? I couldn't find specs in owners manual.

2000 Ltd, 5.0 V8 most power options, incl heated seats

Take it back and get the right one.

Reply to
steve

Check the book wherever you are buying the battery. They'll have it.

Personally I find that the Costco batteries are hard to beat for the price. and now they come with a 3 year FULL NON-PRORATE warranty !

and you can buy 4 of them for the price of a Sears Die Often battery ..

Reply to
Chief Wiggum

IIRC, it takes a Group 65 for all Explorers. The spec should be listed somewhere near the back in the gas station info.

Reply to
Ed Mann