transmission..91 ford exployer

my transmission takes a while to engage in drive, after i back up, backs up excellent..drives good too...its just i need to rev-up to engine to engage in drive....runs good on the free-way..i changed the filter , i have

166,00 miles on it......
Reply to
magicman

You might want to read Michael Hill's post "91 Explorer Trans XLT." His problems sound similar to yours. AZGuy suggested trying some "automatic transmission seal conditioner."

My transmission was "beyond rebuilding" (two mechanics said the same thing) at around 180000 miles.

Reply to
Ulysses

i'll try the seal conditioner....what date was michael hills post put up if may i ask....

Reply to
magicman
10/13
Reply to
Ulysses

ok..i put in the seal conditioner....time will tell as i drive it...thanks ulysses

Reply to
magicman

"Ulysses" wrotenews:10n68uvohv5pne1 @corp.supernews.com:

I had a simular problem when mine had about 140k on it. I used the same conditioner and it made it last until it finally fell apart at 156K.

-- riki

--Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Reply to
RikiTikiTavi