unpleasant surprise today with my 94 eb

got into my 1st winter squall here in ohio this morning. white out, loss of traction, the whole 9 yards. i let up on the fuel, let it coast to about 30 mph , pushed the 4 wd button.....wham! the next thing i know i'm doing a 360 spin!.....don't know what happened or anything. recovered from it and pulled over on the side. checked everything thinking i might have broke something.nothing the matter. the road conditions were as slippery as i've ever seen. i'm no stranger to 4 wd but this was ridiculous.......any ideas what the hell i did wrong or might have happened?......any thoughts are welcomed

Reply to
THE BIG GUY

How about this...next time, move to the side of the road, STOP, go into

4 wheel drive mode, and then proceed. The road is slippery enough without putt> got into my 1st winter squall here in ohio this morning. white out, loss
Reply to
Richard Ray

Like Richard said.... do sudden things when your on snot, expect a sudden reaction. There are umpteen dozen things that could have given you your moment. 4WD is great, but it ain't magic. It has the possibility of getting you into more trouble than you can get out of if used unwisely....

Reply to
Jim Warman

What sort of tires (and with how much tread) are you riding around on?

You do know that 4WD does *NOT* make it easier to go in a straight line in the truly slippery stuff. It just makes it easier to *go* at all...

-Fred W

BTW, I don't personally consider "about 30mph" all that slow when driving in really bad road traction. If you had to slow down to reach that speed you were probably driving too fast for the conditions.

Reply to
Fred W

Reply to
Big Shoe