woman hit my mini... AND RAN!

Yesterday at 5:28 I was in my 3 week old, 987 miles on the clock mini. I was on my way run wrestling practice at the high school where I coach and I'm waiting behind another car at a stop sign. The car makes a right turn. Now it is my turn. I pull forward but can't turn right as another care is coming in the nearest lane. It is coming pretty quick so I stop. Then it happened. WHAM! I got rear ended and pushed somewhat onto the main road. I pull over onto the shoulder and put it in park and turn on my hazzards. The silver SUV that rear ended me pulls onto the road and motions to me "up ahead and we'll pull over there". That's ok with me as I know the mini isn't totaled and there is a convience store at the next corner. Well. The woman in the SUV gets to the corner and keeps going. When I realized she was taking off I chased her. She turned into a residental area and when she realized I was following her she took off down the side streets trying to loose me. I'm sure I reved over 4500 rpm as I followed her. Up one street, Down another, up, down, up, down, across, back. Across the main street and then up and down, and up and down finally she was stuck at a stop sign waiting for traffic to open up so she could get in.

Bang, I got her plate number. Crap, I couldn't find a pen. I pulled over to write it in the dirt. finally found a pen wrote down the plate number and went home to call the cops. Of course this was the day I forget my cell phone. When the trooper arrived he did a report and checked out the plate number to my description of the vehicle. (Silver SUV. Toyota or Honda, woman driver, kind of heavy from what I could tell, short/medium dark hair, not very attractive.

He came back after running the plate and 2004 Toyota RAV 4, silver, registered to a woman. With that done he went to check out her car, if he could find it at her house. He is supposed to get back with me when he completes the report.

My mini has a dent in the lower right side of the boot hatch. the right side of the bumper is dented, scratched, and messed up. I guess it did the job it was supposed to do. Under the tail light might have a little dent but I really can't tell. Guess the dealer will have to take a good look at it.

I want this woman strung up. I'm sorry but she is nothing but a stupid (insert c word here). I was so shaking when this happened. All I know is I want the full wrath of the law to come down on her, she better have some insurance. but if she doesn't nothing will happen to her. little slap on the wrist. My biggest fear is that the cop will tell me there was no marks on her car or witnesses so they can't ticket her or anything. Then it is lawyer time for me.

Sorry this is so long but thanks for letting me vent. I am so p'd off.

Reply to
John

I'm glad you chased her down! Hope they throw the book at her!

Good luck getting your baby fixed.

Angie

Reply to
AngieB

Whoa-boy. I got pissed reading this. I hope they charge that woman with hit and run and all the grapes that go into the bowl. Day-um, I feel your pain. I guess I won't be as disgusted with my little door ding as I was yesterday (even though I hate those with a passion). LOL...I can this picture this woman in a big SUV dodging in and out of traffic with a MINI in hot pursuit! She must have wet herself every time she looked in the rear view mirror and you're still there. I bet dollars or pounds that she'll never watch the Italian Job. Get 'er, John!

kat

John wrote:

Reply to
hep kat

Damn! Terrible thing but totally awesome that you chased her down. I hope that she gets tore up for being such a...bad person.

If only the MINIs had those optional rocket launcher attachments I keep requesting.

Good show and good luck!

Erik

Reply to
Erik "BRG/W MCS" Peterson

Let us know how it turns out.

Reply to
Grinder

Please keep us updated!

Just make sure that you follow up with the police and attend any hearings that they may schedule so that they don't let her off with a slap on the wrist.

Make sure that this goes on her driving record AND she gets a conviction for it.

Reply to
Lung Fish

I believe that your engine is now officially broken-in. I know the rage you must have felt.......but God I bet the chase was fun!

JimBob

Reply to
JimBob

still waiting to here from the trooper. I'm hoping I'm not just going to get the accident report in the mail. I want her strung up. I go to the mini dealers body shop monday to get an estimate for the insurance company who is sending an adjuster over. But I want everything replaced. there is a spot in the bumper where it is sliced all the way through for about 3-4 inches, and that little thingy where you screw in the eye hook tow thing is chewed up. Not to mention that while the dent on the boot hatch looks like it could be pushed out there is a little pointy spot in the middle of it that looks like it will be trouble to the paint in a while. plus the scratches and little dent below the tail light.

The wife and I were going somewhere for our first anniversary too at athe end of the month. I don't know where but we were going to do some serious motoring there in little Jonas and now he'll either be in the shop or I'll be driving a bruised little guy.

Reply to
John

My son started driving very recently. He called me sheepishly one night to tell me that he had been rear ended at a stop sign , following which the driver behind him took off..... I asked if he got a glimpse at the license plate? He said there wasn't one on the back of the car as it sped off....but if I waited a second he'd check it, since it was hanging from his bumper....... Yes, they apprehended the fellow after the answering officer stopped laughing! Greg in Minnesota Electric Blue "S" white top/white wheels/saddle tan seats

Reply to
advonews