VSS wire

Jim, I'm not sure what your problem is but maybe you should take your face out of the books and look at the truck.My paperwork calls the module "the Cruise Control Mod" maybe your paperwork calls it something else.If you look at the truck (which I have as I stated) there is a module on the passenger fender which has a cable going to the throttle, This is what my paperwork calls "The Cruise Control Mod".The Grey/Back is the second pin up from the botom.There is only one plug, even someone like you can find it.

I never ment for this to become an argument,fight, or pissing contest,I've never insulted you or anyone else on this forum,But the minute you insult me by comments like "Do your customers a service and learn about those systems that you work on", that proves to me how childish you are.

Maybe next time you'll actually look at the car and look for the module I have discribed before making assumptions.You know after all your so called "qualifications" I'd assume you could read a manual correctly but I guess you just proved me wrong

Mark S Owner SoundsExtreme

Reply to
Mark S.

And to FINALLY end this, I took 2 pictures of the cruise control mod on my customers 03 Explorer.

Pic 1

Pic 2

They show the cruise control mod,and pin location.

Mark S Owner SoundsExtreme

Reply to
Mark S

Okay, I guess since I started this pissing match, I should get my shoes wet too. I just went outside and took these shots of my CC module on MY '03 XLT and it looks different from Mark's customer's configuration:

and here's a closeup of the wires coming off of it:

and as you can see, there's no grey wire coming out of it. My '03 was built in July of 2003. Maybe your customer's '03 was built real early in the production run or maybe it was very late in the run. Either way, the module is different from mine.

Dave

contest,I've

Reply to
Dave

Dave, the production date on my customers '03 was 1/03

Mark S Owner SoundsExtreme

Reply to
Mark S.

Beats me Mark. I went out and looked at my CC module when I got your first description and there (obviously) wasn't a grey wire anywhere to be found. I haven't started digging into the dash very deeply and I still need to dig around the computer but those are the next places I'll look based on your info. Wish me luck.

dave

Reply to
Dave

-- Elbridge Gerry, of Massachusetts:

"What, sir, is the use of militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. . . Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise a standing army upon its ruins." -- Debate, U.S. House of Representatives, August 17, 1789

Reply to
AZGuy