Wiper fluid won't come out?

I have a 2000 Explorer 4L V-6 SOHC. I really do not know much about cars but figure i could handle this one with a little help. I bought the car from a private party and it sat for 3 months is that helps any. thanks

Reply to
coachpaul2003

Do you hear pump come on? If you do you might have clogged ports on the hood. You can clean them. If you don't hear anything, you might have some bad contacts in the switch on the turn lever stalk. Try pushing it in a few times to clear any corrosion it might have. There was a recall for the turn lever/wiper switch being defective. Also check the fuse. One more thing you can do to verify the pump is good is to jump it out with 12v going to it directly.

Reply to
Mikepier