HELP! How to install center console on 2000 model

Hi, I really need help on how to put back the center console on my 2000 Mustang. Can't figure out how to get the e-brake handle back into the slot without breaking something. It came off with much effort, BUT I'm pretty sure there has to be a trick in getting it back on.

Thanks Ron

2000 GT 'vert
Reply to
unix

Ripping it all the way to the "up" position?

Reply to
WindsorFo

Can't he just loosen the parking brake cable under the car?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Nope, the handle has a ratcheting adjuster that needs to be released to get any slack. Needs someone else under the car pulling the cable back while he releases the ratchet mech.

Reply to
GILL

There really isn't any trick to it, but it shouldn't require a great deal of effort to get it out either. My handle doesn't come up very far and it's never been an issue. I'll gladly scan and mail you the relevant pages from the Ford workshop manual if you think that it might help.

Reply to
John C.