Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

engine too lean bank 1 and 2
I have my car in the show today and the mechanic says he checked out all of the sensors, checked for vacume leaks and checked the fuel. He is sayin that everything is looking ok but he thinks he wants...
1
1

Looking for mechanic in North Hollywood, CA
Hi all, I have a '94 Ford Explorer Sport (2-Door, 4.0L, 6cylinder, 2WD), and I find myself in North Hollywood for a while due to work. I'd like to know if anyone had recommendations for a good...
2
2

1994 Explorer 4 door
I need to find the left side quarter panel to get to the door lock mod to reprogram the keyless entry. I'm not sure were the left side quarter panel is
4
4

Re: R&R Ranger Window Motor Lift Gear?
Here is what I found on the repair guide at my work. 1. Disconnect the neg. battery cable 2. Open the window. Remove the trim panel and water shield and support the window 3. disconnect the power...

2002 ranger wont start...
Friend has a 2002 mazda B2300 (ford ranger). turns over but wont start, was told it might be a fuel problem. i checked the relay button @ the passenger kick panel, the underhood fuse, and the relay....
5
5

Pet barrier for my 98 XLT 4 Door
Subject about says it all. Any one with experience/recommendations will be greatly appreciated. All the vendors have the very best there is, but personal experience is much better advice. Thanks, RJ

98 Explorer Speaker Cover
Greetings All, I guess when my wife opened the passengers door to our 98 Ford Explorer, the red reflective plastic lense covering the speaker fell off. I dont want the spaeker to get damaged, but I...
1
1

91 RABS light on after new master cylinder
Hello group, 91 Navajo 4WD 353K. It keeps going so I keep driving it. Needed brakes so I took it in and had the front pads and rotors replaced. Rears were OK. Also needed a master cylinder which was...
3
3

Remove stop light lens above rear hatch on '98 Explorer/Mountaineer
Would appreciate it if someone could give me the procedure for removing the stop light lens above the rear hatch. Got broken and I'd like to replace it. Thanks! Ken

Explorer Sport - boots deteriorated on ball joints
I have a 2001 Explorer Sport (i.e., the 2-door version). I took the vehicle to the dealership this weekend for some recall work, and the mechanics showed me the boots on the ball joints -all 4 are...
13
13

U.S. auto industry closing great divide in quality, wages
U.S. auto industry closing great divide in quality, wages auto industry closing great divide in quality, wages David M. Dickson (Contact) U.S. automakers have made major progress in recent years...

OT: Starter issue - 91 Tempo
I do have an Explorer, but my 91 Ford Tempo is the troublesome one at this point so forgive the OT post. Basically sometimes the starter does not spin, wait a while (sometimes a long while) and it...
15
15

Reading Ford Powertrain Codes
Hello all, I'm getting the perverbial flashing "O/D" light on my '02 Explorer. The tranny seems to be working fine, but the day may be comming... I've got an ELM327 scan tool, but can't pull the...

Trans problem
HI all, I hope someone can help me. We have purchased a '92 explorer 2wd. It is v6 with a four speed auto. The truck has 120000 miles and is in really good shape except that it does not have the 4th...
3
3

Vapor Recovery Smog Test Details
I have a '91 Explorer and it's due for a smog test. They now have included a vapor recovery system test. Can anyone tell me what the test is comprised of? Or how I can determine beforehand if it will...
5
5