Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2005 Explorer - Air Conditioning Question
I've got a 2005 Explorer - 4.0 6cyl and AT. With one exception, the A/C works fine. At interstate speed with cruise control on, the airflow will divert from the dashboard vents to the defroster vents...
1
1

'99 Explorer - Several Questions
I just purchased a '99 Explorer from a good friend. He gave me all the documents that came with it, including the various manuals. He had purchased this car new with all the bells, whistles, and extra...
12
12

Loose battery connection or tuneup needed?
I have a '93 Explorer Sport and just recently noticed that the engine surges when it is in either drive or reverse and the needle on the battery gauge will dip for just a short bit (less than a...
7
7

Help needed on 1994 Explorer with 2 failing codes.
I have a 94 Explorer 2Dr. 4L 4X4 with codes 214 and 542 coming up onl minutes after clearing the codes. I have fiddled with the Ignitio control module because I thought it may have a faulty ground...

gas cap loose but no check engine light????
Hi All, I'm still chasing gas smells and other odditites with my 94 Explorer XLT 4X4 V6 . My latest experiment was to see if by loosening the gas cap the system was smart enough to trip the "check...
6
6

Ford Explorer Immobaliser
Hi has anybody any idea where the immobaliser can be found
5
5

CD Error for '02 CD-6 CD changer
I just sucessfully repaired the CD-6 in my '02 XLT (out of warranty). I had loaded 4 CDs into the unit, and it later refused to eject two of them, with the all too common "CD Error" message. The...

2001 Sport Trac Spark Plugs
A freind want to change the plugs in her 2001 Sport Trac with around 100,000 miles. How difficult will this be? Any suggestions, warnings, or recommendations? Is there a web site with pictures? How...
5
5

anti-seize for spark plugs
Is it advisable to use anti-seize for spark plus? I will soon be changing my 2000 V8 plugs (82K). If I use anti-seize on the plug threads, will it prevent plugs from being 'welded' into block?...
14
14

Where is the 93 Ford Explorer Fuel Cut off Switch?
I read the other topic on this, and I'm such a layman I have no idea what they meant by heaterbox and firewall. Can someone slowly explain it as if I were from another planet or a small, slow child?...
2
2

96 Explorer Still Getting Front End Pop After Replacing...
Upper and Lower Control Arms/Ball Joints and Inner Tie Rod Ends as per dealer recommendation. It seems to get worse as the outside temperature gets warmer. I get it sometimes when I'm braking,...
2
2

How to replace antenna base? 99 Sport
Does anyone how I could replace the antenna and base on my 99 Explorer Sport? Recently, it came flying off right in the middle of a drive-in car wash (yeah, it happens!). Anyways, I mistakenly bought...

PIC: Cool Find - Original 1991-1994 Ford Explorer Bikini Bra
Found this little ge A brand new Original Ford 1991-1994 Ford Explorer Bikini Hood Bra Bikini Hood Cover. Very cool and great for the resto projec View the attachments for this post at:

Front Differential or CV Shafts?
1996 EB AWD V8 w/247K miles. I'm getting what I call a synchronous vibration which appears to be coming from the front wheels. The vibes increase and decrease with the speed of the vehicle, but...
1
1

1999 Ford EXP A/A Problems
I have a Ford explore, the truck is hard to start once I put on my A/C. I turn the A/C switch off and the truck starts up you help me with this problem?
7
7