How to replace antenna base? 99 Sport

Does anyone how I could replace the antenna and base on my 99 Explorer Sport?

Recently, it came flying off right in the middle of a drive-in car wash (yeah, it happens!).

Anyways, I mistakenly bought just the top metal part, but it won't fit the base, there seems to be a piece of the the old one jammed in the screw hole.

I gave it a quick try and removed the black plastic cover and found 3 star screws. I took those out, but didn't know what to do next, the base looks to still be attached to something.

Reply to
Some Guy