Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

No turn signals work but flashers do!!
I have a '92 Ford Explorer and when I signal a left turn the light inside does not come on and nor do the exterior signals. When i signal a right turn the interior light stays on rather than blink,...
2
2

Burning smell
I have a slight burning smell coming from under the hood of my 1997 4L OHV V6 explorer with 130K miles. I smell the smell after I park in the garage. If I open the hood while the engine is running, I...
4
4

2000 Ford Explorer Tire Pressure
I recently bought a 2000 Ford Explorer XLT. The vehicle was orignally operated in Canada, so the information tag on the door is layed out different and I cannot find the recommended tire pressure. Can...
8
8

98 Explorer Starting Problem
1998 Explorer with Big V6 2x2 drive - 140,000 miles I'm having a problem with my Explorer and have had my primary mechanic come up with nothing after 2 attempts. It won't start after being driven for...
5
5

RAP Module HELP??? - Power Door Lock Controller...
Hello, I have a 1997 Explorer XLT (V8 - AWD). I recently starting have a problem with my remote transmitter and door locks. It would seem that the remote stopped working at times. I, of course,...
2
2

Power Door Locks-Can open but not lock
The remote and Driver Side button on my 99 Exp can unlock the doors but not lock the doors. Is this a common breakdown or something very strange?
2
2

99 Explorer 2dr- Jim Warman?
I have stumbled upon what I belive to be a decent deal. The vehicle is a 99 Explorer 2dr. 4.0 SOHC, 5R55E transmission. All options except leather. 125,000 miles. The owner is asking $2k because the...
3
3

2004 Explorer Sports Trac Problem - Balancer/ A/C Manifold Line
The crankshaft balancer went bad on my 2004 Explorer - Sport Trac truck. The alignment of the balancer pulley (journal) where the serpentine belt rides on got off alighment & started cutting into the...
4
4

power windows
93 explorer Front driver's side window not working properly. When raising or lowering the window, I can hear the motor but also hear a clicking noise like a gear might be slipping, and I have to use...
9
9

P1400 code, 02 Explorer
The Service Engine Soon light came on and I checked the code and code P1400 was displayed. After a bit of research I found that usually means the DPFE sensor is bad and since it was only $35 and an...
5
5

Metric fasteners
Are all fasteners metric on the 1994 Explorer? I lost a screw that holds the door handle on and can't find a replacement in my SAE screw assortment. When did Ford go metric? Be easy on me Jim.
1
1

cannister purge solenoid? 94 explorer 4.0
I am replacing vacuum lines on my 94 EB Explorer 4X4 4.0. The rubber line coming from the charcoal cannister goes to a valve of some type on the intake. I am having a hard time identifying the valve...
1
1

Goodyear Wrangler Tires
I just replaced four Goodyear Wrangler RT/S tires on my '97 Explorer. They had a little over 70,000 miles on them, with still some treadlife left, but the noise they were making was unbelievable. I...
2
2

95' Explorer Keyless Entry Permanent Code
I have just bought a 95' Ford Explorer. I need to reset the the keyless entry system, but cant find the original permanent code. I then refered to the owners guide and it said the code was located in...
2
2

Help a Girl Out?
Hello, my name is Amanda and I usually just watch as my boyfriend spends hours on these newsgroups, but I figured I'd see if I could get some advice myself. I'm looking at trading in my current car...
3
3