Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Common A4LD Transmission Leak ('92 EB)
Is there a common place where these transmissons leak? I could not find any on Google... I have used two cans of engine cleaner and a paint brush with detergent and solvents to try to clean the trans...
3
3

Tire Experience, GoodYear and Bridgestone
I am soon going to purchase a set of new tires for my '05 Limited as the original BFG's are getting so noisy that I don't want to listen to it any more. And yes, they have been rotated regularly and...
13
13

Need help finding flasher module on 1998 Explorer
I have a 1998 Ford Explorer Limited w/175k miles. A couple of days ago, I lost my turn signals abruptly. At first, I thought it might be a fuse, but the guy at the parts store suggested that it was...
1
1

Help with 1993 Explorer part
1993 4dr 4WD V6. I had front end-work done on my car. The mechanic, whom I know well, said my front hubs had 2 plastic washers (2 on each side) that needed replacing, but he couldn't find "just the...
4
4

1992 Explorer Turn signal problems
Im having a problem with my 92 Explorers turn signals. The problem is when i turn on my car, my top brake light, and my passenger rear blinker start flashing. i think that the left one doesnt flash...
1
1

Ford Explorer 1998 Eddie Bauer Trailer hitch.
Is it possible to add a hitch tho this vehicle !?!? Many thanks,
6
6

Explorer 2001 Sporttrak false antilocking
My 2001 Ford Explorer antilock is kicking in very lightly but enough to scare the hell out of me about 1 out of every 10 brakings. At a standstill (in gear) the brakes are firm and fine. Is this a...

2001 sporttrak brakes false antilock
My 2001 Ford Explorer antilock is kicking in very lightly but enough to scare the hell out of me about 1 out of every 10 brakings. At a standstill (in gear) the brakes are firm and fine. Is this a...

98 SOHC Racing/Super fast Idle
My 98 Explorer with SOHC motor will race when in park or neutral and the symptom is erratic where it doesn't always do this. Anyone here experience this and fix it? Thanks, Jerry
1
1

Engine heating up on 94 explorer
A week ago the temp. would always stay at the middle of the meter and slowly going up when i turn up the A/C. But recently the temp. was so high that the radiator exploded.. and we weren't even...
7
7

1994 Ford Explorer 4x4 Acceleration Hesitates from a stop
Here is the problem with a 94 ford explorer. Whenever the truck is stopped, whether starting out from a driveway or an intersection, it hesitates / cuts out for a second when you put your foot on the...
17
17

Cruise Control Steering Wheel Switch Replacement - '96 Explorer
Cruise Control Steering Wheel Switch Replacement - '96 Explorer XLT These are the switches on each side of the steering wheel air bag. The big question is whether the steering wheel needs to be pulled...
1
1

'98 Explorer & Mountaineer Cruise Control Recall!
NY Times: News:
6
6

Running on Coleman stove fuel
I've got a few gallons of Coleman stove fuel (naptha?) I need to get rid of. Can I put it in my 1994 Explorer's gas tank? Thanks, Bob.
20
20

Ford Taunus 17M 1966
Hi, I am looking for Technical revue about this model Ford Taunus 17M 1966 (3P (motor V4). Can you help me please! Thanks a lot. Yorgev / France
1
1