Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Steering Rack 97 Explorer
My trusty Explorer with 260K+ miles has developed a slow power steering fluid leak at the steering rack. Since that part is over $300, and the leak is real slow, we tried using some stop leak, which...
7
7

For those who Have AT&T ISP
Here is the link I found so we can still be in contact... And its free
2
2

98 explorer door ajar, int lights stay on
Got in my truck on Saturday started it up, noticed "door ajar" light on. Got out and opened and shut all doors and rear window at least 5 times each. The light remained on. Interior lights remained on...
3
3

No O/D on '91 A4LD
The overdrive suddenly stopped working on my '91 Explorer with the A4LD auto trans. From everything I've read it sounds like the O/D sprag broke. I have only a vague idea of what a sprag is. The trans...
2
2

2007 Explorer XLT Tire Sensors
On our last trip, the tire pressure warning light came on. I stopped and took the pressure in each tire and it was above the recommended pressure (tires were warm from freeway driving). After I got...
1
1

1993 Ford Explorer Drivers Seat
looking for gray cloth material front seats for 1993 dont need to be power seats It is like a bench seat. But, both drivers side and passenger side is separate seats. The drivers seat is longer...

98 Explorer XLT cruise control button block snapped
I guess that I've been pressing the buttons a little too hard on the cruise control because the other week the block that holds the cruise control on/off buttons snapped off the steering wheel and is...
5
5

Window fails to open - sometimes
2004 Explorer: The rear driver's side window does not open with either the driver's push-button or the rear door's push-button. This problem started last summer. However, during the winter (Chicago...
4
4

How to Test O2 Sensors on '97?
I have a '97 Explorer, Control Trac, auto trans, and 4.0L OHV engine. I have error codes PO136 and PO141. I tried to test the O2 sensors as outlined in my Hayne's manual but am unable to manage to get...
5
5

Help: 2005 XLT Gas Gauge
The gas gauge on my 2005 Explorer XLT goes dead... below empty! There are at least 2 service bulletins released about this matter, but I'm at a loss for the solution, other than a trip to the dealer....
2
2

MAF issues
I was going to take my MAF off and clean it today. However, both star screws have a plastic coating that is proving to be very difficult to remove without damaging the head of the screw. '98...
6
6

1999 AWD Explorer
I have a vibrration that is really bad aroun 35mph and gets better around 50 and then gets bad after that. It soounds like the passenger side is where its coming from and the tire is wore in the...
1
1

'93 Sport Electric Door Lock Question
I'm the original owner of a '93 sport in great shape and everything worked until recently. The passenger side door lock switch stopped working. Solenoid is good as I can still lock/unlock from my...
4
4

'99 XLS Po171 & P0174 codes
My son's '99 XLS 4.0 (cheaper engine, I think) with 97K miles has been showing P0171 and P0174 codes for the last several months. (just came home from college today) He has been getting them reset...
15
15

Wheel Cover for '96 Explorer - 96 Ford Explorer Wheel Cover Small Pic.jpg (0/1)
Does anyone know where I can get replacements pentagonal wheel covers for my '96 Explorer exactly like the one in the attached picture? I bought some on eBay that looked similar but were 3-sided...