1972 Mustang Speedometer clip

I?m having trouble releasing the speedo cable from the instrument cluster. I?ve removed the padded dash cover, the electrical connectors to the cluster, and can feel the prong on the cable. However, I can?t remove it from the back of the cluster. I don?t want to pry too hard and break the plastic. Any suggestions? The reason I want to do all this is that the faces of the gauges are very dusty, and difficult to read. Thanks

Reply to
jackaroo

I think you push the spring toward what would be the back of the car to release it.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher