1983 lincoln mark VI climate control problem NO HEAT!!

Gentlemen, I'm freezing my butt off in my 1983 Mark VI because I'm getting very little heat. I've replaced the ambient air sensor in the dash and checked for restrictions in the heater core. Also have replaced the coolant sensor on the heater core hose and bled the system for air. Additionally, the door on the passanger side campartment functions properly and all the vent controls seem to operate fine. I'm guessing internally the blend door is not working right. The AC system is fine and works very well. So why don't I have any heat?? One other thing, the blower motor works at all the settings, yet on high it does not blow nearly as much air as it should, like other lincolns or any car for the matter. Thanks

Reply to
jim

Have ya checked the thermostat in the coolant system? like, does your car warm up?

Reply to
Cpw2005

Measuring resistance does not measure temperature. What is the temperature going in and coming out? What is the temperature of the heater core? Low temperature in heater core means low heat out put. So basics are in order. Is the thermostat stuck open? Is the heater core plugged so that the by pass is now the coolant path leaving the heater core cold?

That is only a heat sensitive switch for the fan motor, has nothing to do with heat out-put.

The system is self bleeding.

Reply to
pick one

I would check the valve under the hood it is inline with the heater hose. These valves sometimes sieze up. try to move withyour hand. another way is to feel the heater hose with caution to see if the other side of valve is warm if not that is the problem free it up or replace it.

Reply to
ledpeddle

of course I've checked the termostat and have gone as far as to block the radiator with cardboard to build up some heat.

Reply to
jim