1986 TOWN CAR MOTOR?

Hello: I have a 86 Town car 5.0l. The motor needs to be replaced. I would like to do a straight swap. What year motors would be the same as far as the injection system etc. 86 to 89? I can get a 5.0 from a Mustang 88, what would I have to switch over to make this motor work. Any advice is appreciated Thanks Mike

Reply to
Mike

Excellent question for the Town Car forum at

I would suspect any 80's-90's 302\5.0 would work. You will likely have to use your existing oil pan, accessories,and probably intake plumbing.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

'86 to '90 Town Car '86 to '91 Crown Vic & G Marquis

were all the same port fuel injected engines.

If you feel you must ressurect this car, go to

to get a more exact interchange, and find an engine near you. They're all over easy to find.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1