1991 Mustang 5.0 Convertible - Any Tips?

I'm looking to buy a friend's '91 Mustang LX with the optional 302 HO engine and automatic transmission with 74k miles on it all. I've owned a few vehicles with the standard 302 ('87 Lincoln TC, '85 Mercury GM) and AOD transmission so I know a bit about these engines and the quirks they have. I'm used to transmission shudder and cleaning the IAC valve amongst other things. lol

What type of automatic transmission does the '91 LX have? Any weak points in this engine, being a High Output setup? Just what is different companred to the standard 302 V8?

Thanks,

-Steve

Reply to
Steve Reinis