1993 Ford Taurus SHO

Curious what people think about the SHO's

Reply to
Panther

--- it's a very good car "for me" with heart, how to say my old son, especially Taurus SHO '93.

U¿ytkownik "Panther" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:0zwCc.20544$wS2.12314@okepread03...

Reply to
195.164.8.132

The Taurus SHO is a somewhat odd creature. People will typically have one or more of the following 3 feelings about them:

  1. They love them.
  2. They hate them.
  3. They have no clue what the heck a SHO is.

Personally, I love my 94.

Dave

Panther wrote:

Reply to
Dave Hammond

I have a Mercury Sable 93 (Same as Taurus). How can I understand if I have an SHO engine? I decoded the VIN number, but two different web sites gave two different engine types!

Reply to
Laguna

You don't have an SHO engine.

That's the web...

Reply to
Neil Nelson

If you did not take your drivetrain complete with all control systems out of a Ford SHO, you do NOT have an SHO engine in your Mercury Sable...

Reply to
351CJ

One look at the engine will tell you....

Panther

Unless someone did a serious transplant (not totally unheard of - i.e. the sable-sho) I doubt you have one. In order to do this you would have to take the engine, subframe, all the wiring, computer, etc from a SHO and dump it into a Sable among other things. The engines found in the Taurus SHO say "SHO 24 valve DOHC" on the intake so you should be able to tell pretty easily whether it is or not.

Dave

Laguna wrote:

Reply to
Dave Hammond

In news:alt.autos.ford, Dave Hammond posted on Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:18:18 GMT:

Conan O'Bria(e)n made a joke about the SHO. Some guest was talking about some sportscar they own. Conan said, "I really like my Taurus SHO." The audience laughed.

Damaeus

Reply to
Damaeus