heater core replacement 89k5

I need to replace the heater core in my 89 K5.( auto, a/c) Is there any helpful experience tips I may use to facillitate replacement more easily ? Thanks in advance

Reply to
Black Dog

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Shep

helpful experience tips I may use to facillitate

--------

You do not have to take out the dash to get to it inside the truck. Just remove the little screws around the lower half of the HVAC unit inside the cab on the pass. side. (The back box mounted to the fire wall that contains both the heater core and the ac coil). The is one screw up against the fire wall that can't bee seen. It's right in the middle. You'll need a long screw driver to get it out. It's a bear thought. Simply leave it out when you replace the core.

Not that hard of a job really... should take about 30 minutes for the swap. The harder part is getting the right core.

HDS

Reply to
HDS

Thanks. I plan to remove the core before replacing it. Although, I have a Haynes manual, there is no comparison to experience. Like that middle screw...I have learned some parts just will not fit, I don't care what the books or catalogues say. ....now ....if I could just find a proper radiator overflow bottle...

Thanks guys

Reply to
Black Dog