1998 Town Car radiator

I have a 88 town car with the 5.0 f.i. motor. It seems to have a problem with over pressurizing the cooling system. It leaks coolant from the nipple at the upper radiator hose after it gets hot. I tried putting some sealent and a new hose on, but that caused the leak to come out by the thermostat. Once I took the hose back off and removed the sealent it resumed leaking from the nipple by the radiator. The radiator in it looks to be original and does have some small cracks in it that lose about a drop a day but nothing serious. Could I need a new radiator or can you think of something else wrong? btw..the heat works great and the thermostat stays closed until it should open. Thats when I get my leak. Once the water is flowing through the radiator.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Bob Abooey

======================= You say the radiator has cracks in it? You really should replace it (or get it fixed) . You probably have corosion at the t-stat housing where the hose goes on too. just take the hose off and clean it up. You really shouldnt drive around with coolant leaks. Your asking for more serious problems like blown head gaskets or worse.

Reply to
Scott M

Put in a new radiator today. That solved my problem. She runs like new now! Thanks for your reply Scott.

Reply to
Bob Abooey

Cool!

Reply to