1999 Escort Sedan Clutch Pedal Clicking Noise

My 1999 Escort 4-Dr clutch pedal developed a noticeable click after about

33,000 miles while being depressed. I could both hear and feel it while driving or while parked with the engine on or off. My dealer replaced the entire clutch on warranty for me at 35,000 miles. The click became intermittent after that repair, but still happens about 50% of the time when the clutch is applied under normal driving conditions. I am going in for a routine oil change later this week and I will mention this again to the dealer.

But I was wondering .... Although the noise clearly appears to be coming from the inside the clutch casing when listening to it up close with the hood open while someone else is applying the clutch pedal, could it be possibly be the clutch safety switch (to prevent starting of the car) causing the noise and clicking feel?

Thanks .... DW

Reply to
Don Wang