Clutch Pedal is now making a clicking nois

Ok, I just fixed the clutch on my 96 Passat GLX, but seemed to have caused another problem. Here is what the problem was : It was the metal holder on the pedal - the rear tab was bent back and the plastic piece pushed all the way through. Bent it back into place and tack welded it. I had to open the bleeder as my buddy pushed the rod into the master cylinder and then closed it. Got the retaining clip back in the holder and now have the problem below:

Now I have a click in the pedal near the point when it is almost fully depressed. I fixed the bracket on the pedal and plastic clip, etc. To do it we let out a small bit of fluid from the slave bleeder to depress the master cylinder shaft. It is somewhat intermittent, and happens more when the clutch pedal has not been depressed for a period of time. If I am using the clutch alot (city driving, traffic) or pump it in and out a few times it seems to happen a lot less and sometimes not at all. If I push the pedal to the floor fairly fast by hand it is more distinct. It kinda feels like a spring is not seated and may be flexing or something. Also if I pump the pedal several times it goes away and doesn't click until I leave it sit for a while.

Any ideas? Bleed the system? Something I should check that might be bad or going bad?

At least it works enough to drive,

Kevin

Reply to
Karl Hungus