Re: 1999 ford taurus.

My parents have a ford taurus. It is a 99, and they have a complaint

> with the trunk on the car. See, most cars when you pop, or open the > trunk, it releases but does not fly open. This is not the case with > our car however. See, when you push the trunk release, the trunk flys > open! At one point in time they were told there was a way to adjust > the trunk to prevent this from happening. Does anybody know how one > would go about doing this? > > Thanks,
Reply to
*Zoe*

i dont have a 99 taurus, but had a lot of fords over the years.. and they all had two spring(dont look like the typical spring, they are long metal bars with the end bendt on it, each one similar... look in the trunk, way back under the area that is below the windshield... the metal spring mechanizm is about 1/4 to 3/8 inch thick... it is placed in the slots on both sides of the car.. this is how pressure is put on the trunk lid... you just move one of the metal bars to another slot....... well that is the way it was in the older fords... dont know about now??? probably a good design. so they wont leave it in cars for too long.. they ruined just about all good design features at the factory....

Reply to
jim

Our 02 taurus has the adjustable trunk, this is done by levers if I remember correctly from the two bars under the trunk lid. Should be almost self explanatory if you pop it open and have a look.

Reply to
woody
1999 ford taurus. Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Tue, Jun 24, 2003, 5:34pm (EDT-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@attbi.com (dustin) My parents have a ford taurus. It is a 99, and they have a complaint with the trunk on the car. See, most cars when you pop, or open the trunk, it releases but does not fly open. This is not the case with our car however. See, when you push the trunk release, the trunk flys open! At one point in time they were told there was a way to adjust the trunk to prevent this from happening. Does anybody know how one would go about doing this? Thanks, ============================ and this is a problem because.................?

I've got a 99 and mine pops up on release whch is a good thing when you have a cart full of groceries to load in.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Toline

As the previous reply says its a feature:-))

LB

Reply to
nospam

Same set up on the Euro Mondeos... pop-up bootlids aren't just for Mercedes y'know?

:O)

Doubt This Helps

Pete M

Reply to