Ford Taurus 2000 Fender Emblems

I was hoping someone can clarify for me one small detail about the 2000 Year Ford Taurus. I own a 2000 SE Wagon with the 24 Valve DOHC engine. The fender emblems are not present on the driver or passenger side fenders. I notice that some Taurus' have them and some don't.

Is there any definitive method of determining which production run of Ford Taurus' with the 24 Valve DOHC engine included the fender emblems? I realize that the small silver and black 24 Valve DOHC fender emblem has been used on the SHO series starting in 1989 (?), but I am more interested in knowing what versions or current production runs of the SE, SES etc... included the emblems.

Thanks,

Lou

Reply to
Louis F. Carbone