2000 Lincoln LS structural change?

At the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety they provide safety rankings for most cars.

For theLincoln LS there is a footnote here
thatreads:

The Lincoln LS was introduced in the 2000 model year. All 2000 and later LS models manufactured after February 2000 include structural changes to improve occupant protection in frontal crashes.

Does anyone know what structural changes were made after February of

2000? The reason I'm asking is that I'm interested in a used LS manufactured in Dec. of 1999. Since safety is one of my primary concerns, I'm wondering if there was a significant deficiency prior to February of 2000.
Reply to
Semaj

Car makers stop making cars for the model year usually in the spring or summer of the previous year. So, a car made in Dec. 1999 is almost surely a

2000 model year car.

You can verify the model year of the car from VIN. If the tenth character is a Y, is a 2000 model year car:

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff