2001 Escape Codes

Can anyone tell me how to test the computer without purchasing a hand held scanner. I heard it can be done with the check engine light or a voltmeter.

Thankx

Reply to
Mark Wright

Not for a 2001 Ford. It is OBDII and you need a scanner.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

All 1996 and newer cars use ODBII, which requires a computer of some form. The old blinking-light method is only usable with older computers.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann