2001 Windsar Cylinder Numbers

My Windstar (V6)has a misfire on cylinder 4. Anyone know which location this cylinder is? I wanna try replacing the plug on it first in order to rule out the wires. Thanks.

Rob

Reply to
Cats Ass

Right (passenger side) front bank...

Reply to
Jim Warman

It is distributorless ignition isn't it ? If it is, then wouldn't it be front bank middle cylinder.

Reply to
Tim

Rear bank, right (passenger) to left (driver) - 1, 2, 3

Front bank right to left - 4, 5, 6.

Doesn't matter if it has a distributor or not (2001 Windstar is DIS). The only Fords with odds on one side and evens on the other are the diesels.

Reply to
Jim Warman

So, just to be clear, it's the cylinder nearest to the windshield wash reservoir?

Reply to
Cats Ass

You are thinking Ford numbers cylinders like GM and Chrysler. They don't. Ford numbers 1-2-3 down one side and

4-5-6 down the other. Thus, the previous poster had it right (as usual).

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

And the only reason that is true is that the current US diesels engines aren't really Ford engines.

I do think Ford numbers V engines the wrong way. But then it was the way Henry wanted it and I suppose he was the original king of V-8s (if not the first to build them).

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White