2002 Ford Taurus Water lweak in the Trunk

I have 2002 Taurus that has suddenly developed a water leak in the trunk. Had to replace a bad turn single lamp and in removing the carpeting from the trunk I noticed about an inch of water in the spare tire well. The carpeting on the passenger carpeted side panel was a bit damp. There was no evidence of a large amount of debris in the channel around the outside of the trunk lid gasket. The leak did not seem to be coming from around the taillight assembly nuts and area under the taillight assembly did no show any moisture. The car has had absolutely no body damage. Any he;p would be appreciated.

Thanks Ron

Reply to
raul

The only way to know for sure is to have someone in the trunk while you hose down the trunk, rear window and taillight assemblies. I'm thinking pinholes in the window channel but I always prepare myself for the worst.

Happy modeming, Bill

Reply to
Berkshire Bill