Can't find leak in my trunk

I keep a lot of paperbound books in my trunk and yesterday I noticed most of them were soaked and moldy. I threw them all and noticed the
wet spot was right in the middle of the trunk. I can't find a leak. I have a 1990 Camry, has anyone else had experience with a leak in their trunk?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com, 11/4/2005,9:11:09 AM, wrote:

I have had leaks in the trunk before. Most times it is because the seal has developed a break or hole that allows water in. Water travels in a way that is not always obvious so don't look directly above the wet spot. I also had a leak in the cubbyhole where the jack is kept because of the tube that comes down from the sunroof area. The tube had been pulled out of the drain hole and was filling up the compartment with water.
--
"Talking to a golf ball won't do you any good. Unless you do it while
your opponent is teeing off." -- Bruce Lansky
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com, 11/6/2005,8:16:23 AM, wrote:

Just because the carpeting is wet and not the trunk lid doesn't mean anything. The water in the carpeting could have been there for quite some time.
Another place to look is the seal around the tail lights. Look for evidence of rust from the inside of the trunk around the lights. Maybe even the lock. I had a Nissan Sentra that had a hole underneath the rubber seal of the trunk lid where the raised lip that holds the seal is.
--
"The least thing upset him on the links. He missed short putts because
of the uproar of butterflies in the adjoining meadows." -- P.G.
11/6/2005,8:16:23 AM, wrote:

Thanks for all the advice. I believe I found the leak. I replaced my back left tailight about 6 months ago and I don't think the seal has held I'm going to take it off this weekend and reseal it with silicon.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com, 11/8/2005, 2:41:31 PM,

Good job. How did you find it?
It rained and I noticed that there was some water in the left wheel well, so I combined that with the fact I changed the tail light a couple of months ago. There is a gap between the tail light and the metal so I'm about 85% sure that's it from what's been written above. I'll let you know if it works.
I noticed the sealant around the tail lights was getting stiff, especially the Right side, removed tail light assem by removing the three nuts on the inside, and slowly working it out, the stuff that is in there sticks like shit to a blanket so a fairly stiff pull is needed, reseal and reinstall
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Are all the body plugs installed?
You may want to get into the trunk with a flashlight. Have someone run water over the car. Use the light to help locate the leak.

Best be someone you trust.