2007 Ford Escape ipod

Hello,

Does anyone know how to access the Aux audio in the base model Ford Escape? I can get it the unit is to say "aux" on the display, however, I don't know where to plug in.

Steve

Reply to
Steve K

Looking at the Owner's Manual, it doesn't show a jack anywhere for a connection. The "MP3" that's mentioned is for MP3-formatted CD's. Check with your dealer or possibly Crutchfield- there's probably an adapter harness that allows for it to be hooked up, similar to the satellite radio adapter or external CD player.

Sorry.

SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

You can get an adapter for around $50 that will plug in to an empty jack on the back of your radio, and allow you to connect something like an ipod.

There are two versions. One just takes the audio, and leaves the control on the ipod. The other integrates the control into the radio.

is the audio one for myEscape, but my radio is a 6cd in-dash with a "sat" button. You need a pair of hooks to pull the radio out of the dash, about $5 at Walmart.

Reply to
dold

Thanks for your help I'll give it a go.

Steve