Mark VIII Insurance

I have a perfect driving record and credit record. I have a 1995 Mark VIII in great condition. My insurance is with Progressive and it's about $500.00 every six months. It's been going up little by little the last few years. I still have collision but that part is $125.00 of the $500.00 every six months. Probably worth keeping the collision for now. Does this sound high for Kentucky? They say the car is more expensive to insure than some others is because it's a fast car. I will check back for your thoughts especially if you have one of these. I'm 50 years old. Thanks

Reply to
lerner

That's a good rate; I pay $1140/year for a '94 in Kansas, and I'm old.

Reply to
Sharon K. Cooke

Wow!! I have PEMCO Ins. full coverage $1000 deductable (I think), 2 vehicles a 95 Ranger 4 cylinder, and a 93 Probe GT and two drivers. $805/yr in Washington State and we are both over 55.

Reply to
I. Care

I used to live in WA and the auto insurance rates ARE very low there; probably rates are regulated better there than some of the other states.

Reply to
Sharon K. Cooke

Try going to progressive's website. You can get a comparison with two or three other companies. You should also talk to whoever insures your house. Sometimes you can get a home insurance discount and auto insurance discount if both are insured with the same company.

And drop the collision. You're going to get very little if you wreck your car.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

when I turned 26 or so I was still paying almost a $100 a month on my windstar and i always heard there was some discount at 25 which I never got. So I called USAA and asked why I was still paying so much, it was some old accident of my wife that should have expired, but skip all that... on the important part, so I called Geico for a quote, it was better then USAA, so I called USAA and said hey cancel me I'm going with Geico, so USAA said well lets see what we can do and they came up with a quote that blew away Geico. So the trick seems to be to get a better quote and tell your current company your going to cancel. Oh I ended up paying $43 a month for my windstar. this is in dayton, OH.

Reply to
petebert

I did the same thing - play one against the other. I ended up at Liberty Mutual. I told State Farm the rate they quoted me, and SF said they were sorry to see me go. I'd been with them for 20 years..... oh well. Makes my wallet stay thicker just a bit longer.

Reply to
GMach3

Mark VIII Insurance Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Fri, Aug 11, 2006, 11:30am (EDT-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@ka.net I have a perfect driving record and credit record. I have a 1995 Mark VIII in great condition. My insurance is with Progressive and it's about $500.00 every six months. It's been going up little by little the last few years. I still have collision but that part is $125.00 of the $500.00 every six months. Probably worth keeping the collision for now. Does this sound high for Kentucky?

They say the car is more expensive to insure than some others is because it's a fast car.

Reply to
Eric Toline

Reply to
lerner